LAST UPDATED: May 2019
For the purposes of the applicable data protection laws (the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR), together with any implementing legislation, in particular, the Data Protection Act 2018), the company responsible for your personal information is Baker Heath Associates Limited. This Policy applies to information obtained by us through your use of the information, software, products and services made available through www.pearldentalsoftware.com website (Website).
We are registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register, our registration number is: Z6792196.
What information is being collected?
Baker Heath Associates Limited and Pearl Dental Software collects information that, alone or in combination with other data, could be used to identify you (Personal Information), such as your e-mail address, name, physical address, telephone number, or employment information. Baker Heath Associates Limited and Pearl Dental Software may also collect anonymous demographic information which is not unique to you, such as your postal code and preferences (Non-Personal Information). Non-Personal Information is not linked to your Personal Information (for example, your IP address).
Baker Heath Associates Limited will collect your Personal Information in a number of ways, including when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through the other means set out below.
Information you can provide on this website
When you fill in any forms on this website (for example the Contact Us and the Request a Demo form), you voluntarily give us certain Personal Information, including your:
- E-mail address
- Physical Address
- Practice Name/Employer Name
- Telephone number/numbers
Information from third parties
We collect Personal Information about you from third parties such as social media networks. These include but are not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. We use this information to source potential customer leads.
Other information we collect
We also collect this Personal Information as you use the Website:
- User Content. This consists of all text, documents, content or information uploaded, entered, or otherwise transmitted by you in connection with your use of the Website. For example through comments on blog posts.
Automatically collected information
When you visit our Website, we collect information about your computer hardware and software such as your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, operating system, cookie information, referring website addresses, pages visited, links clicked, text entered, and Internet Service Provider. This is done automatically. We analyse and use this information to better understand how our users use the service, to maintain and improve our service, and in some cases, to publicly disclose aggregated statistics regarding our services.
Use of your Personal Information
Baker Heath Associates Limited collects and uses your Personal Information as necessary to perform our contract with you and for our legitimate business interests, including to:
- operate the Website and deliver the services.
- communicate with you about the services you use, as well as respond to requests for assistance. Baker Heath Associates Limited and Pearl Dental Software will respond via email or telephone number to any support requests, demo or information requests. We also periodically send service updates to Pearl Dental Software users.
- understand and improve how our users use and interact with our services.
- publicly disclose aggregated statistics regarding our users’ use of our services.
When you input personal information on our website, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of legitimate interest between you and us and/or taking steps, to provide you dental software which we do under contract with you.
Storage of Personal Information
Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your Personal Information on our systems for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy, or until you request that the information be deleted in accordance with your right of erasure (see “Your rights” section below).
Even if we delete your Personal Information, we reserve the right to maintain a copy for legal, tax or regulatory purposes, but in such event, we will do so only as long as necessary to fulfil those legal, tax or regulatory purposes. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Personal Information access and disclosure
We will only disclose Personal Information to third parties:
- when we use vendors and service providers to assist us in meeting business or operating needs such as hosting our Website, communicating with users, delivering and improving our services, e-mail communication, invoicing and payments, customer support services and analytics. These service providers may only access, process or store Personal Information pursuant to our instructions and to perform their duties to us, and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations; or
- when we have your explicit consent to share your Personal Information; or
- when we determine that disclosure is required to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Baker Heath Associates Limited and users of the Website, or to respond to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or requests by public or regulatory authorities, including requests by law enforcement authorities; or
- if we sell some or all of our business or assets, we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, and if the transaction closes, then your Personal Information may be transferred to the buyer.
The Website uses “cookies” to help deliver a personalised experience online. A cookie is a text file that is placed by us on your hard drive by a web page server. Our cookies do not run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to your computer, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to your computer.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to save time, such as time taking for a webpage to load. The cookie tells the server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalise the Website pages, or register with the Website, a cookie helps the Website recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your Personal Information, such as a physical address or website preference. When you return to the same Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Website features that you customised.
We may place the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website more relevant to your interests and for remarketing.
How to reject cookies
If you do not want to receive cookies, you can usually choose to opt-out by modifying your browser settings to decline them. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of, or to fully experience the interactive features of Baker Heath Associates Limited and Pearl Dental Software web pages you visit.
Data security & integrity
Baker Heath Associates Limited and Pearl Dental Software is committed to taking reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the Personal Information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access. We do this by using a range of technical and organisational measures including measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your personal information, please inform us immediately via email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Website is designed to secure the Personal Information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, with protections from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
However, while we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of all data which is transmitted to the Website or to another website via the internet or similar connection.
Under the GDPR, you have rights in relation to your Personal Information. These include the rights of access, rectification, restriction, objection, portability, and erasure. Please note that these rights are subject to certain limitations set forth in applicable law.
To exercise these rights, please contact Linda Baker at email@example.com. We will seek to deal with your request without undue delay, and in any event in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws. Please note that we may keep a record of your communications to help us resolve any issues you raise.
If you believe that we have not complied with this Policy or your data protection rights, you have the right to file a complaint with the UK Information Commissioners Office, however, we hope that you’ll attempt to resolve the complaint with us first. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Third party advertising
We use remarketing services to advertise our products to you on third party websites after you have visited our Website.
Links to third party websites
We do not intend to solicit or collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, do not enter information on this Website or engage our services. If you believe a child or yours under the age of 18 has entered Personal Information, please contact us to have the data removed.
Changes to this Policy
We will occasionally update this Policy to reflect company and customer feedback. Baker Heath Associates Limited and Pearl Dental Software encourages you to periodically review this Policy to be informed of how we are protecting your Personal Information.
Baker Heath Associates Limited and Pearl Dental Software welcomes your comments regarding this Policy. Please contact us via email using email@example.com, or write to us at:
Baker Heath Associates Limited
69 Enderby Road